Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Have A Confession To Make

Happy 2013 everyone! While you all were dressed to the nines, imbibing in yummy cocktails and having the best last night of the year, I was stuck at work. {Insert "feel sorry for myself" words here.}

Let's kick off 2013 with me just laying out all of my idiosyncrasies.... well at least one. This one is a real gem, let me tell you.

I'm a pretty normal girl for the most part. In fact, I'm as far from odd as anyone can be...

....except for one thing. I don't know exactly when or how it started, but I have a very strange habit. And really one I do without even giving it a second thought. It's actually quite embarrassing, because it makes no sense.

When I buy a new piece of clothing, put it on and confirm I'm going to keep it - I promptly discard of the tags behind the dresser in my bedroom. Seriously. I rip them off and throw them behind my dresser. And I don't know why I do it. 

It's not as though I don't have trash cans in the house....or even near by in the master bath, but I still do it. The other day, C was crawling around my room and I noticed he pulled a couple of old tags from behind the dresser. So, I took a look back there for myself and it is a massive pile of tags! And I'm talking a HUGE mess of discarded tags.

What is my problem? Why in the world do I do it? I myself have no idea. I'm thinking I need to be my own episode of that My Strange Addition show on TLC. I mean I'm not as bad as that guy who had a five-year intimate relationship with his car or the chick who had an addiction to eating dryer sheets, but I may be one tag away from pure crazy.

Anyone else do this, by chance? Anyone? Bueller....

{Please note: originally I was going to include a photo so you could get the whole idea, but I decided it was beyond mortifying, so you will need to enlist your little imaginations.}

3 comments:

  1. I think I am gonna need a picture to believe this, It's so...random??? And with how much you shop, the tags have got to be busting at the edge of the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is THE weirdest thing ever! Pic please!!
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. bah hahahaha i SO want to see a photo!! pronto!

    ReplyDelete