Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shopping Trip W/ The Hubs


Randomly on Wednesday night the hubs, little man and I made an impromptu shopping trip to Village Pointe. He wanted shoes and I wanted to grab C some t-shirts. We have a deal when we shop together that if one person spends money on themselves, the other gets to do spend the same amount. This deal works perfectly for me, because I also make a lot of shopping trips solo...and spend whatever I want. But I digress.

We swung by Old Navy - my fave place for C's clothes - and not only did I hit the mother load of steals for him, but I found this shirt for myself. And I wore it to work the next day. Gotta love inexpensive shirts that can be worn both at work and anywhere else.


Next stop was Scheels for new workout shoes for the hubs. He convinced himself that he was going to find me new running shoes as well because for some reason he hates the fact that I run in an old pair of Nikes {they are comfy}, wear no socks with those Nikes {again, it works for me} and absolutely despises the fact that I run barefoot on our treadmill.  Dude, they aren't your feet and they basically are so numb from the years of heels that they couldn't feel anything if they wanted to.

The chick helping us asked what I currently run in...I said Nikes...she gave me a look like I had told her I let C sit in the front seat when we drive, not that I run in a pair of Nike shoes. Seriously, what's the big deal? Then she went through the pros of 'good' running shoes - Brooks, Asics, Mizunos. Fortunately, after we talked a bit she did slow her roll and said that while she recommended I try a better shoe, I may end up going back to my regular pair. We bought a pair of Asics - and I will admit they were comfy, but I don't like the way they look on my feet {yeah, yeah, I'm that vane}.

I've taken them out of the box and walked around the house in them...and have plans to return them. I'm a creature of habit. Why fix something that isn't broken?

6 comments:

  1. Barefoot on a treadmill!? Girl please! And also, asics look awful on my feet too but dang they're comfy.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - Nick tried to tell me that I would be running so fast that people wouldn't even see them on my feet! What a dork.

      Delete
  2. hahaha i have such a hard time buying shoes, b/c like jeans... they need to look good ON! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't be walking around in shoes that make my feet look massively huge? I have pretty small ankles (totally not bragging here - small ankles make your feet look like skis) so bad shoes can just throw everything off.

      Delete
  3. Awesome shirt, guess who also purchased it last week... This girl. And barefoot, seriously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not the first time we've bought the same shirt...and it definitely won't be the last! And, girl, that's a perfect preggo shirt...pair with some comfy leggings and you're set!

      Barefoot is the bomb. Just ran 3 miles barefoot this morning. Don't knock it! :)

      Delete