Monday, December 31, 2012

My Bucket List...Or 40 Under 40

The new year is upon us and the time to make resolutions on how to improve ourselves. I'm not sure that I am going to go that route...instead, I'm going to start with publishing my 40 Under 40 list of things I want to accomplish before I'm 40. The best part - I created this a while back and have already completed some of them!

40 Under 40


  • Sewing Class
  • Etsy Store
  • Photography Course - Kelly Ryden
  • Travel - Ireland (w/ my Irish tour guide Patricia), Europe/Italy, Hawaii, Fiji
  • Color Run (July 2012)
  • 10k
  • 1/2 Marathon (September 2012)
  • Full Marathon
  • Create a new blog (December 2012 - holla!)
  • Go to the roller coaster park in Sandusky, Ohio
  • LA Celeb Watching trip w/ celeb-crazy girlfriends
  • Houston - visit BFF (October 2012)
  • Napa/Sonoma Wine Trip
  • Create baby book from preggo blog
  • Have another child (wow - this is a big one)
  • Take Cruz on 1st vacation (September 2012 - Lake Panorama)
  • Take Cruz on first plane ride before 1 year old (October 2012 - Houston)
  • New house
  • New Car (October 2011)
  • Buy a new camera lens & use it
  • See my brother get married (coming up - January 2013)
  • See my sisters get married
  • Trip w/ just my nieces
  • Roller blade - at least once
  • Learn another language
  • Be known for one dish
  • Take cooking classes
  • Tailgate at a Husker game
  • Run Warrior Dash
  • Learn to snow ski
  • Learn to water ski
  • Create/invent something
  • Extreme Coupon- if even just one shopping trip
  • Zip line
  • Sky dive
  • Make my own jewelry
  • Be debt free (except for my house)
  • Go on a cruise (upcoming - April 2013)
  • Go on a "honeymoon"
  • Pay for a stranger's order at a drive through (December 2012 at Starbucks)
  • Give time up for a good cause - Angels Among Us (2008-2012)
  • Buy Christmas gifts for at least one "in need" family at Christmas every year (December 2012 - two local families)
  • Keep up to date with putting photos into photo albums - yes, I still like looking at albums
  • Plan monthly Girls Night with my friends - and stick to it each month!
  • Get a Brazilian wax - hmm, TMI?
  • Buy a kayak and use it
  • 2 comments:

    1. YOu know which ones I can help you with!!! Love the list. Hope we get to cross things off our list together!!! Thanks for a great 2012 SIL Katie!!! Can't wait for 2013

      ReplyDelete
    2. this is a great list, i would make one but be too afraid that i would not get ANYTHING crossed off!

      ReplyDelete